Pages

Thursday 28 March 2013

Omaru Creek Testing


Testing Omaru Creek for - The Smell



I am going to find out: What does the Omaru Creek water smell like compared to the other 4 samples of water.


I am going to test this by: Smelling the waters and thinking what is smells like.


Resources and equipment: We will need 2 buckets,some string,jars and 4 samples of water.


I predict that: The Culvert will smell nasty,foul and musty because it is near the road and it has brown bits on the top of the surface. The tap water will be fresh,clear and see thru. I think that the bridge water will smell nasty and acrid.


I think this because: The Culvert is nasty and foul because it is near the road and cars go past the pipes underneath. And people just throw their rubbish. I am so shocked that the bridge water smell funny to me,and it is grose.

Results of my tests

Seawater
Smells normal and salty.
Tap water
Smells Odourless.
Omaru Creek water by culvert
Smells sweet,musty and foul.
Omaru Creek water by bridge
Smells nasty,fresh and acrid


My conclusion (what I found out): I found out that the culvert is foul and sweet.And that the tap water is really clear and fresh.



Why I think this is: Because the culvert is dirty that the tap water. And I think that the best water is tap water

No comments:

Post a Comment