Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

Omaru Creek Testing


Testing Omaru Creek for - Turbidity

I am going to find out: I am going to find out what can I see thru the 4 samples of water that is called Turbidity.


I am going to test this by: I am going to test this by looking thru the 4 jars and thinking what I can see thru it.  


Resources and equipment: We will need 2 buckets,some string,4 jars and 4 samples of water.


I predict that: I think I can see the biggest words at the back of the tap water. The seawater is going to be a little bit blurry for me to read the words.The culvert water will be very clear for me to see,I think I can see the littlest one thru the culvert water.The bridge will be clear to see. I can see all of them.    


I think this because: The tap water is white,clean and clear. Seawater is blurry and cloudy.The culvert is clean and it has changed waters. The bridge has gone green and it has bits on the top of the cup. I think that the dirtiest water will be the bridge. And the cleanest one will be the tap water.


Results of my tests

Seawater
12

Tap water
9
Omaru Creek water by culvert
12
Omaru Creek water by bridge
14


My conclusion (what I found out): I found out that the bridge was the direst because it is green and it is hard to see the words.The cleanest was the tap water because it was much better to see thru it.

Why I think this is: I think this because the bridge is green,ugly and foul. And the tap water was fresh and you could see better than the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment