Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

Omaru Creek Testing



Testing Omaru Creek for - Colour

I am going to find out: What colour the water is.


I am going to test this by: Comparing different water samples and describing the colour.


Resources and equipment: We will need 4 water samples from
The Culvert, The Bridge, The Sea, The tap, and 4 Glass Jars.


I predict that: The Culvert will be dark brown. The Bridge will be medium green. The sea will be clear and the tap water will be clear nice and light and beautiful.


I think this because: The dirtiest water will be the Culvert because it comes from the road and it has gas and rubbish. The clean water will be the seawater because the mangroves make it clean.


Results of my tests

Seawater
The Seawater is cloudy like the clouds in the sky.
Tap water
The Tap water is transparent.
Omaru Creek water by culvert
The Culvert has brown bits that are floating on the top of the cup.
Omaru Creek water by bridge
The Bridge is clear and light green.


My conclusion (what I found out): I found out that the Culvert was the dirtiest one after all. I was surprised that the Seawater was the cleanest because of the Mangroves.



Why I think this is: I think the Seawater was clean because of the Mangroves help to take all of those dirty things that live in the water. The Culvert is dirty because there were little brown bits and it has lumps that come from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment