Pages

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Fia Fia.



This is our photo from last years Fia Fia. Big Group.

Wow!! Fia Fia is coming up. Every Thursdays we head off to our Fia Fia groups and practice for 1 hour.  Every student in Pt England school have to participate in a cultural group. You might of heard of it before but this is something different. You see Fia Fia is a cultural celebration that we can share our singing voices, our dance moves and maybe our amazing skills.


Fiafia is a traditional thing for Pt England school. Our Fiafia is going to be on the 9th of April 2014. I have picked an island group and that group will be the Niuean fiafia group.  In our group we have to practice hard until we get it right. We have 4 items and they are the Entrance, Hopo, our Song and the Takalo with our own spears we make.


I love my culture group because I would love to go to fly on a plane to Niue. I have not been to Niue before. My mum was from Avatele and Tamakautoga. And also my dad is from Lakepa. I really want to know all about my mum and dad`s villages. I really do. It’s like I just want to hop on any plane and fly all the way to Niue.


I really feel nervous and frightened. Because when you perform in front of your family and friends, you get scared and you want to run off the stage.  Well I think that will be definitely me of course. I just need to relax and calm myself down. Fia fia is kind of not my thing in life. But I have to do it any ways. By the way I always have goose bumps.


Our lovely Fiafia tutors is Mrs Lagitupu and Miss Lavakula. They are the best tutors I have ever had and met too. Mrs Lagitupu is our tutor for the girls dancing. We have amazing moves.  Fia fia for me is a traditional thing for me. So I think the Niuean group will rock the stage when its the final night to show what we have got.


I feel so happy that I have joined in the Niuean group. My culture group will always be the talented Niuean group. My group based on great attitude, amazing effort, trying your hardest and being good to your tutors as well. I think Fia Fia is a really nice thing. For all of us to get together again. Fia Fia is the type of thing you can’t just throw away. You can show what your Fia Fia group have got.


Me and my 2 brothers are in the Niuean group. We have always picked our island group and we will always be in it. Our Fia Fia group is amazing and talented too. Fia Fia is so cool. Because it has nice lights that shine on you. So Fia Fia is amazing and everybody should join in. I always feel confident in my group and I am amazed by the moves and actions we do.


My favourite memory from last year was we gave it all our best. And our whole performance was amazing.  The Takalo was fantastic and the song was amazing. My favourite of all was when people were all saying to us oh hi you guys were great. And you rocked the stage. Heaps of things like that. And people really gave good comments about our performances.  I hope we rock the stage this year. Watch out Pt England…... the savages are back! Choo Hoo !!


2 comments:

Mrs Lagitupu said...

Hi Nikita

Wow you are so amazing! I am very proud of the way that you are so proud of your Niuean culture. This is a great piece of writing. Well done.

Hannah said...

Hi Nikita!

What a wonderful post! I really like how you are so proud to be a niuean. Keep up the amazing work and cant wait to watch you perform!

Post a Comment