Pages

Friday 21 March 2014

Cyclone Lusi.

Do you know what a cyclone is ?. Well a cyclone is like a tornado and a hurricane. But... a cyclone is worse than a tornado and a hurricane. You see a cyclone is a  bad damage kind of wind. It is with all sorts of bad things. Like.... powerful wind, some powers were cut off, A huge pour of rain and dark clouds. Some people were not expecting this cyclone.

In the weekend the cyclone was coming. Oh boy I was so scared. During the cyclone there will be rubbish flying everywhere and powers been cut down too. Also things can get tangled while the cyclone. There is also damage to heaps of buildings and there is a lot of huge waves. SOME families might get evacuated from their own home to move to a safer place. SO that there will be no harm to anyone.  

As soon as my mum said “there is going to be a cyclone”. I got so afraid . I was fighted. I started running around my house like and idiot who does not know what she is doing. I started yelling at my mother to pack some food and fill some bottle with water. And make sure that you are safe and sound wherever you are secured. DO not let a child out of your sight.

Then my mum and dad said calm down. I was panicking like I was going to have a heart attack. The thing is when something bad happens to my family or people who are part of my family I would really cry for everything. So.. do not be like me. Seriously do not be like this kind of girl who is 11. Crazy eh. I feel so embarrassed right now. But who cares I will get over it. Hopefully.

The possibilities that could of happened in the cyclone would be..... power outages and maybe some deaths or accidents too. I thought my life was going to be gone. But it was not. So that was good for me. Oh and my family. There must be no school as well. I was looking forward to school. To learn more new things about

But as soon as it was fine to go to school on Monday. And some awful damage to some houses. I feel sorry for those houses. I just want to donate some money for those house to rebuild their houses. In courage those people whose house. And be polite to them if they have had a lost. You never know if they still feel bad about this cyclone. So please be nice do not criticize them about it. Its not there fault its the cyclone that did it.

To prepare for a cyclone you need to secure objects outside in case they fly around and you never know if someone gets hurt. Stay inside and keep safe. Store food and water in case you are stuck in a room for a reason. (I do not know). If your power has been cut off grab a radio with some batteries, candles, a torch and keep your pets safe as well. And stay in a safe place so that you will not get hurt during the cyclone.

In my house my windows were all open and wind was blowing through. As this gale of wind came through I suddenly closed the windows. Whew. That was so.. close. I thought it was just something that just happens normal in this world. But.. it was not . It was a cyclone of course. This is my first time being in a situation like a cyclone. I think that's why I panic all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment