Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Cross Country Fun Run.


On a hot bright scorchy sunny day at Pt England school we had cross country on the 22nd of August on Thursday 2013. At our school we were all put into teams and we were in our ages. The team that I was in was Takitumu which is yellow and I was running in the 11 years old girls. I have been in Takitumu ever since I was 5 and now I have grown up and I am 11 now. There was not much 11 year old girls or boys.



During lunchtime the whole school was getting into their house colours, and I got into my house colour and I went to play with my friend Mua and we played on the playground. Suddenly the bell rang so we all went back to class for a meeting about where we were running in case we will get lost. Our meeting finish and we lined up and went to the courts.



We all got into our team and our principal Mr Burt got everyone to sit down and listen. He started us off and then he gave it to Mrs ZA ZA and she was going to each house leaders and she got them to do there cheers that they had done for us. After the cheers we were all excited because it was cross country.



To start us off the 5 year old boys went first then it went down to the 10 year old girls and we were next. I went past my mum my little baby brother and my cousin. And they all were cheering for me. Going to the start line Mr Burt said “On your marks,” he screamed “Set!!,GO!!. I ran off with a great start and me and my BFF Mua we were running and we only took little breaks and we went to the finish line and I was so exhausted because it was a long and easy run.



As I got to the finish line I went to my mum for a drink and when I finished our whole team had to go back to class and go home at 3.00 clock. But....... I went home with my family and my mum was telling me that I did great. And I hugged her and went home. I kept on telling my mum did I do great did I do great! in the car how many`s time and she kept on saying I did good. I really had fun at cross country because it was cool and I had a fun day. And No Matter what .It does not mean if you come last as long as you finished. KEEP THAT IN MIND.



No comments:

Post a Comment